Monday, December 19, 2011

Bite Me



Several people mentioned to me today that they think I'm talking about my shoulder too much or they think doing a blog on it is "gay". All I have to say to them is "Bite Me!" When you have something happen to you that's so life transforming, that changes the way you function by the minute, it consumes everything you do. When you can try it for one day where you can't dress yourself, drive yourself anywhere or sleep, then you'll have a right to saying something. Now do it for six weeks and tell me your life is normal.

You are not under any obligation to read these and if you don't like it showing up on Facebook feel free to defriend me. I'm writing this for a few reasons. The first and most important is that it gives me an outlet to express my frustration of being temporarily disabled. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a permanent disability. Doing this is also a creative outlet for me. I like to write and this just gives me a lot to write about. I'm also doing it for the benefit of those about to go through this. I went in blind and wished I had more people to talk to about what it would be like.

It never fails, while driving down the road and some moron driver cuts me off or is driving three miles per hour, I have to refrain from flipping them off because inevitably it will be my client who is walking up the studio stairs behind me that was behind the wheel. It's happened several times. As a business owner and a hockey coach, I'm supposed to be a role model so I have to bite my tongue when I really have a lot to say and a creative way to say it. So when I say "Bite Me", I'm being polite, read between the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment